Mall Gallery Closing – April End Deadline
Mall Gallery Closing - April End, 2023 deadline
Dear Members and Others,
The Galleria At Sunset Mall management company, Brookfield Properties, has canceled our lease and given us 30 days to vacate the Las Vegas Artists’ Gallery.
This was a terrible blow and shock to the LVAG Board of Directors when we were informed of this on Tuesday afternoon, April 4th, 2023. Members of the Board met with representatives of the management company on April 5th. They offered other locations but the locations offered did not fit our business needs.
The Las Vegas Artists Guild will continue but in a different format right now. We will look for a new location in the coming months but until we can find something, we will have to re-group and morph into something different. Our focus for the next month is to do our best to take care of our artists while packing up and moving out.
President – Las Vegas Artist Guild
In the meantime, we have some very urgent tasks:
- We will keep the Gallery open and have volunteers working until April 22 to take advantage of possible sales of artwork for our artists.
- We will return all artwork to our members on Sunday, April 23 from 11-4:00 pm so please save that date. If you have any issues with this date, please let a Board Member know so we can work out a solution.
- We will process a prorated refund for our artists so you will get some of your money back for the unused intake period after April 23, 2023.
- We need to get a large storage unit to house all the fixtures from our current Gallery.
- We need to pack, label, and transport all the “business” parts of the Gallery to our temporary storage facility.
- We will be keeping the members updated with dates for moving to the new storage location.
- We will continue sending emails with more information on new events, workshops, special projects, and updates for the future.
- We will need as much help as we can from our members to accomplish all these monumental tasks.
- We are also asking that everyone be kind and patient with each other as this is an upsetting time for all of us at the Las Vegas Artists’ Gallery and Guild.
Thank you for all your support and kindness:
Bash and Design Youth Gallery Exhibition – Apr 1st, from 5pm-7pm
Las Vegas Artists’ Guild invites you to our
“Bash and Design Gallery Youth Exhibition”
Saturday, April 1st, from 5pm-7pm.
We are excited to announce that we have invited the Bash & Design Gallery to participate in an event focused on a new generation of artists in Las Vegas.
Part of the mission of the Las Vegas Art Guild is to bring to the public’s attention young and emerging artists. So what could be more fitting than to introduce to our members and our community students from the youth program at Bash & Design Gallery?
We feel that this collaboration between our two non-profit organizations will create an opportunity for young and developing artists to show their work to a greater audience and to experience the excitement of seeing their work shown to the general public. At the same time, we hopefully will be creating a greater feeling of community between the galleries and developing new connections and a greater sense of unity in the Las Vegas Art world.
We look forward to seeing the work of 22 young artists at our upcoming reception on Saturday, April 1st, 5-7pm.
Please join us to make these young people feel welcomed and respected for their artistic ambitions!
- Packaged snacks
- Bottled beverages
- Music and more!
The Las Vegas Artists’ Guild is a non-profit group of artists helping artists every day.
Our gallery is open inside the Galleria Mall on Sunset,
Monday through Thursday 11am to 7pm,
Fridays and Saturdays 10am to 8pm and
Sundays 12am to 6pm.
Become a member online or in person in the Gallery and participate in all of our shows and events.
Enjoy informative classes and artists talks.
Want to teach a class or do LIVE ART?
Contact us and share your skill.